WCAG 2.0 Comment Submission

From: WCAG 2.0 Comment Form <nobody@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:39:36 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org

Name: Sailesh Panchang
Email: sailesh.panchang@deque.com
Affiliation: Deque Systems Inc
Document: W2
Item Number: Appendix A: Glossary
Part of Item:
Comment Type: ED
Refer to the term ‘full multimedia text alternative including any interaction ’ :

The term needs to be re-worded to be more meaningful and correct. Consider:

‘text alternative for multimedia ‘

Or

 ‘text alternative for interactive multimedia ‘

SORRY: I submitted this yesterday (June 14) but used the word \'equivalents\' instead of \'alternative\' as I really intended

Proposed Change:
Refer to the term ‘full multimedia text alternative including any interaction ’ :

The term needs to be re-worded to be more meaningful and correct. Consider:

‘text alternative for multimedia ‘

Or

 ‘text alternative for interactive multimedia ‘

Its description in the glossary  should be

‘document including correctly sequenced descriptions of all visual settings, actions, and non-speech sounds combined with descriptive transcripts of all dialogue. This also applies to multimedia-based interactions, if any, with the user.‘