WCAG 2.0 Comment Submission

From: WCAG 2.0 Comment Form <nobody@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 00:32:28 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-comments-wcag20@w3.org

Name: Liddy Nevile
Email: liddy@sunriseresearch.org
Affiliation: La Trobe University et al
Document: W2
Item Number: (none selected)
Part of Item:
Comment Type: GE
I do not have a specific change but am very concerned that it is understood and part of WCAG 2.0 that all resources should carry or refer to a description of their accessibility characteristics. Without such a description, the best resources will not be found and useful in some cases and in others, a resource that is not universally accessible will not be made available to someone who could use it even if others cannot.

Proposed Change:
I propose that the description of the resource be included as a requirement for the \'accessibility\' of the resource in order to make it accessible to those who can use it.