Re: [EXTERNAL] Feedback re: Broadcast vs Computing assumption

If you look at the intent of sRGB I don’t see a conflict.

Back in 1996 the computers weren’t powerful enough to color manage video.

Broadcast, gamma 2.4, was designed for viewing in a dark room.

sRGB was designed for a bright office room.

The result was that unconverted 709 video looked good in both office and living room viewing environments.

We don’t want to convert between these spaces as that would not take into effect the viewing environments.

Lars