From: Lars Borg <borg@adobe.com>
Sent: 12 November 2018 19:12
To: Simon Thompson-NM <Simon.Thompson2@bbc.co.uk>; Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>; Max Derhak <Max.Derhak@onyxgfx.com>; public-colorweb@w3.org
Subject: Re: Help with HLG profile

Hi Simon,

Enclosed is an HLG scene-referred profile. Code value 75% maps to diffuse white. Give it a try.

How would a browser or display perform the re-rendering that’s done in hardware in an HDR TV set?
That part seems a challenge. Would this require hardware support in the computer or phone?

Thanks,
Lars Borg  |  Principal Scientist  |  Adobe  |  p. 408.536.2723  |  c. 408.391.9479  |  borg@adobe.com<mailto:borg@adobe.com>