Re: re Findable Help proposed success criteria

Hi Jennie,

The concern here (at least for me) is defining "effective", which is and
always will be subjective, right down to the individual end-user.

There is also the additional concern of why the chat-bot is there, and what
task or activity might be associated to that particular form of "help" -
i.e. the complexity of the task (for any individual) will have a direct
relationship on needing help and/or assistance, which might range from an
automated "FAQ" (i.e. one potential chatbot solution), versus at the end, a
user *absolutely* needing to have real-time human assistance.

In other words, there are different types (and levels) of "help", and if
the actual goal here is to provide real-time human assistance, then we need
to be crystal clear in scoping that out, which is but one form of help.

JF

--
*​John Foliot* | Principal Accessibility Strategist | W3C AC Representative
Deque Systems - Accessibility for Good