User Stories: Objective 7 - Provide help and support

Hello,
Rachael asked me to spend some time reviewing Objective 7 of the User Stories: Provide help and support.

  1.  I did a little light editing for typos and punctuation – my apologies if that was not part of the request.

  1.  I’m wondering if the phrase “manage to” in sentences that start “As a user who often can not manage to use a website” could be changed to: “As a user who often cannot use a website…”

  1.  The intent of “I want to be able to give feedback in any form that other people can” is excellent. I would suggest rephrasing “in any form” because it may be misinterpreted to only apply to feedback forms.
     *   Suggest replacing form with any of the following: format, method used by other site visitors, using the same format

  1.  “As a user who struggles with text and words, I need symbols that help me understand.” – I wonder if the intent of this matches this user story. Could the author mean “As a user who struggles with text and words, help and support should include symbols or enable me to personalize using my own.”
     *   This one also seems like it applies to all types of content: “I need contextually-relevant graphs and pictures to supplement text so I can understand a point without a lot of reading.” If it is specific to help and support it may need an example.
     *   Same with this one: “As a user who struggles with text and words, I need speech support, with synchronized highlighting, so I can follow as I go.”
     *   Same with this one: “As a user who struggles with text and words, I need more space between letters, words, sentences, and/or lines of text.”

  1.  For “As a user who struggles with webcontent, I need rapid feedback.” – feedback may need to be described a bit more to help others understand the type of feedback the user is requesting. For example, is it:
     *   more opportunities for context-sensitive help or tooltips,
     *   more information from the system that I am correctly completing the requested information, etc.
     *   or something else?

  1.  This one is interesting to include in this particular user story: “I need reminders, or I will forget appointments and when I was meant to do things.” If the authoring is requesting help and support that extends beyond the website being used, I suggest rephrasing to include something like:
     *   Sometimes the help and support I need is for following up on interactions made using the website. This could include reminders to revisit the site to complete the next task, or appointments arranged through the interface.

  1.  Suggest changing “As a user with attention disorders, I do not want too many reminders as I will be distracted.” To “As a user with attention disorders, too many reminders distract me. I need to be able to control the frequency and type of reminders.”

  1.  I really like the Etsi piece about needing specific support for interpreting the effects of the choices that they have taken. This echoes the comments at the face to face about the difficulties understanding the addition of taxes and fees when making purchases such as for airline trips. I think including the examples of taxes and fees would help others understand the concern.

  1.  I also like the Etsi piece about knowing everything that will be needed for a process. It may be helpful to include things like: payment/credit card numbers, identification card information, questions that authenticate log in (like your “mother’s maiden name”), etc.

Jennie