Re: How we track actions

On 28/03/2019 19:24, lisa.seeman wrote:
> This is very cool. I tried to set one up at
> https://github.com/w3c/coga/projects/1?add_cards_query=is%3Aopen

I also added a few cards to the in Progress columns

> Can you see a way to assign tasks to people? IS there a way to see all
> your tasks in a project?
 > If not it gets a bit hard to track what you need to do

There are 2 types of card:

a) Plain text with a title and body

You can search for any text but it does work well for adding text
"fields" for several reasons. So these are not useful for assignable tasks.

b) Issues cards that provide a simple view on a full GitHub issue. You
can easily convert a card to an issue or add an issue as a card. Ten you
can assign someone, add labels etc.

You can then filter the board by assignee, labels etc.
Better still, you get an URL that always shows that filter. So we can
create a coga task webpage for quick links for each user, open issues
etc, For example:

https://github.com/w3c/coga/projects/1?add_cards_query=is%3Aopen&card_filter_query=assignee%3Astevealee

* the card shows the issues title, assignee and labels.
* Open the card to see more details
* Use the link on the details to go to the full issue

This might work well for our uses. We'd only need to do a little work to
setup for people to try out. Accessibility seems OK, at least there is
keyboard access.

We can also use github milestones but they are not integrated with
projects as far as I can see. They are pretty simple though

Steve