Re: Call out boxes??

Lisa I think there might be an implication in your comment that a pop up
UI is included in your concept of callouts? Is that the case?

I don't think that is the usual publishing use and should probably be
treated as a separate concept?

Microsoft used to call them 'Tool tops' which is a pretty limited name
and context specific. But then popups are negatively associated with ads
and 3rd party clutter.

Steve