Re: design guide look

Excellent feedback, thanks Lisa

On 14/02/2019 08:54, lisa.seeman wrote:
> Hi Steve
>
> I think the design guide look is really starting to get there. (see
> https://w3c.github.io/wai-coga/coga-draft/guide/) A few suggestions

\0/

>   * The less the left hand side looks like a web site menu the easier it
>     will be to understand that this is a table of content for a single
>     document

I agree - I only left the default site styling for now to get feedback
before going too far - agile baby! :)

>   * User needs and user testing should be under each objective so you
>     can see they are there and find them

In the left navigation?

>   * Each objective   should be expansible and collapsible so the default
>     is you can see the list of objectives

I don't quite get this one. The Objectives do expand/collapse in the
left nav when selected. If you select Overview then you just see the
list of objectives. Do you somehow mean in the right hand content side?

>   * Get rid of lines between design patterns. They take up a lot of
>     space and the objectives are more like bullet points.

I assume you mean in the left nav? That should be an easy style change.

>   * Add links at the top of each page to the guide overview and table of
>     content

Do you mean within the WAI site or out to the TR Note?

>   * All links in the overview to user testing, user stories and design
>     patterns for each objective (I'm not too sure about this one but we
>     can try and see)
>   * The overview text should be simple language and short as much as
>     possible (but we can get there later)

OK! That's definitely the direction to go in. I suggest we keep these
for a subsequent iteration/sprint though.

> Then we need to consult users and check that they know how it works!

+10000!

Thanks Again

Steve