Re: Authentication barrier

From: Steve Lee <stevelee@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 11:35:53 +0000
To: public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org
On 31/01/2019 17:22, Alastair Campbell wrote:
> It's all relative, but asking people to remember strong passwords is actually worse (on average) than letting them write it down.

I think that observation hints at the core problem - password based
authentication is an attempt to get people to do something that is just
unnatural. Case in point - social engineering so often just shortcuts it
completely - ie just ask for a password or where it's kept.

Password-less schemes seem hopeful but as they [currently] send you a
message with a link in they on require you to have access to personal
email or SMS capable device. Many older users have neither.

Biometrics still require special hardware with the users trust.

Steve