RE: Feedback on COGA Design Principle "Use Chunks"

Hi Glenda,

These are my suggestions for improvement. Feel free to ignore them.

  *   Don’t use nonliteral text such as “Break down walls of words”.
  *   Remove the reference to the Hemingway Editor because:
     *   I don’t think we should be perceived as endorsing a tool; and
     *   I don’t know of any empirical evidence it produces text that is significantly easier to understand than typical text.
  *   In the Benefits section, consistently refer to functional issues. (The first two list items do and are specific – great!)
  *   Consider not using images of text even with URLs to the original sources. I could not enlarge the images sufficiently to view them. I could open the “Before” URL and read the page’s content, but I could not open the “After” URL.

Thank you for doing this valuable work. Welcome to the COGA TF!

John

John Rochford<http://bit.ly/profile-rj>
UMass Medical School/E.K. Shriver Center
Director, INDEX Program
Faculty, Family Medicine & Community Health
www.DisabilityInfo.org
LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-rochford/>

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary, and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and destroy or permanently delete all copies of the original message.