Re: my responses to WCAG 2.1 process review survey

John said
> GitHub is insufficiently accessible to members of the COGA Task Force who have cognitive disabilities. I think solutions could be one or more of the following: <snip>
and
> I would like us to include plain-language versions of everything, or at least plain-language summaries.

I've been thinking about this recently and I suspect the best solution
would be an "Assistive Technology" that integrates with GitHub but
provides simpler access and suitable content formats as required. It
could ensure workflows are correctly followed. In a dream I could
imagine AI converting text to easy reading version, similar to easy
reading versions of web pages.

I've been working on something along these lines for access to Media
and Communications for people with cognitive disabilities and this
might point to a useful approach. [1] Happy to discuss more.

1: https://alwaysinmind.info - try the demo
Steve Lee
OpenDirective http://opendirective.com