Re: approving the draft for WCAG 2.1

Ignoring the veiled accusation by Katie that I am attempting to
*coerce *anyone,
I will +1 the idea of due diligence, and post part of the W3C Process
document here for all to be aware of:

3.3.1 Managing Dissent

In some cases, even after careful consideration of all points of view, a
group might find itself unable to reach consensus. The Chair *may* record a
decision where there is dissent (i.e., there is at least one Formal
Objection <https://www.w3.org/2017/Process-20170301/#FormalObjection>) so
that the group can make progress (*for example, to produce a deliverable in
a timely manner*). Dissenters cannot stop a group's work simply by saying
that they cannot live with a decision. When the Chair believes that the
Group has duly considered the legitimate concerns of dissenters as far as
is possible and reasonable, the group *should* move on.

In the W3C process, an individual *may* register a Formal Objection to a
decision. A Formal Objection to a group decision is one that the reviewer
requests that the Director consider as part of evaluating the related
decision (e.g., in response to a request to advance
<https://www.w3.org/2017/Process-20170301/#rec-advance> a technical
report). *Note:* In this document, the term "Formal Objection" is used to
emphasize this process implication: Formal Objections receive Director
consideration. The word "objection" used alone has ordinary English
connotations.

An individual who registers a Formal Objection *should* cite *technical
arguments and propose changes* that would remove the Formal Objection; these
proposals *may* be vague or incomplete. Formal Objections that do not
provide substantive arguments or rationale are unlikely to receive serious
consideration by the Director.
(source: https://www.w3.org/2017/Process-20170301/
<https://www.w3.org/2017/Process-20170301/#WGArchiveMinorityViews>)

Note: The terms *must, must not, should, should not, required*, and *may *are
used in accordance with RFC 2119. (https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2119.txt)

​No opinion - just the facts.

JF