Re: please check this SC before we submit it to wcag survey

EXAMPLES OF PROBLEM

OK so if I have a 10,000 page document — I can provide a simple summary of two sentences and it will pass?

How about a one sentence summary  (like the title)?

In another document I highlight two key words when they are used.

This will make these documents substantially easier for people with cognitive disabilities?

WHERE I THINK WE SHOULD BE FOCUSING OUR EFFORT  (NOT SC’s)

My concern is that we take what should be good advice - but not really quantifiable - and we keep trying to make SC out of them instead of abandoning this SC fixation and writing a good document on how to make things better for People with cognitive disabilities.

There is SO MUCH we have to say — and SO LITTLE  that is  “do exactly this and it will help (at least some significant portion of ) people with cognitive disabilities without making it harder for others to use.

YES - there are cognitive SC to be captured — but not that many compared to all the good advice and guidance we could provide if we just stopped trying to make good advice and guidance into SC.

Gregg C Vanderheiden
greggvan@umd.edu