RE: changes to the wording for accessible authentication

HI Lisa,

Below is the new version edited by me. I fixed minor punctuation and grammatical problems. Note: During yesterday’s conference call, we all agreed to replace “legislative” with “legal”.

Essential steps of an authentication process, which rely upon recalling or copying information, have one of the following:
•     alternative essential steps, which do not rely upon recalling and copying information; or
•     an authentication-credentials reset process, which does not rely upon recalling and copying information

There is an exception for basic identifying information that a user has easy access to, such as: name; address; email address; and identification or social security number.

There is an exception when this is not achievable due to legal requirements.

John

John Rochford<http://bit.ly/profile-rj>
UMass Medical School/E.K. Shriver Center
Director, INDEX Program
Instructor, Family Medicine & Community Health
www.DisabilityInfo.org
Twitter: @ClearHelper<https://twitter.com/clearhelper>

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary, and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and destroy or permanently delete all copies of the original message.