RE: Proposal for support personlization AA from John, Chris, Jan and myself

LinkedIn, Twitter

---- On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 15:58:07 +0300  White<jjwhite@ets.org> wrote ----

    The other relevant reference here to digital publishing material is the ARIA module at
 https://www.w3.org/TR/dpub-aria-1.0/
 but I wouldn’t expect much, if any, overlap with the current WCAG proposal, as the DPUB work isn’t concerned with interactive components.

     From: Alastair Campbell [mailto:acampbell@nomensa.com]
 Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 6:36 AM
 To: Katie Haritos-Shea GMAIL <ryladog@gmail.com>
 Cc: 'public-cognitive-a11y-tf' <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>; 'W3c-Wai-Gl-Request@W3. Org' <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
 Subject: Re: Proposal for support personlization AA from John, Chris, Jan and myself

 Hi Katie,

 Similar to James’ point about HTML5, we should definitely have a task to compare that & refine the definition with that in mind.

 From a quick search, is this the spec you mean?
 https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fidpf.github.io%2Fa11y-guidelines%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cjjwhite%40ets.org%7C3304815fe90349cfaae808d4d27ff3ee%7C0ba6e9b760b34fae92f37e6ddd9e9b65%7C0%7C0%7C636364894390985918&sdata=3uZq%2FTAccQ8S%2FEbiRFCM1aNc9v13nywionRwH5Kmj9s%3D&reserved=0

 There doesn’t look to be a huge amount of overlap (there aren’t many ‘controls’ in ePub in general) but a careful look at the TOC & epub:type looks to be a good starting point.

 Thanks,

 -Alastair

  From: Katie Haritos-Shea GMAIL

 I think it is important to point out here that ePUB also has a fixed Accessibility taxonomy…..

 …another reason we need to be sure to be working also with the new W3C ePub/dPub community in general and the dPub Accessibility Task Force specifically.

 ​​​​​* katie *

 Thank you for your compliance.