Re: clear-purpose.htm

Neils was "Provided content and information that help users understand the content "

see https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/SC_todo_list

It has been split into 3 in the rewording (taking any of them would be realy usefull)

as follows

 ------
 change 3.3.5 Help: Context-sensitive help is available. (Level AAA)

 3.3.5 Help: (AA)
 Provided content and information that help users understand complex information , long documents, numerical information, relative and  cardinal directions, forms and non standard controls.
 Where an understanding of math is not a primary requirement for using this content  reinforce numbers with non-numerical values.
 Simple search forms are excluded.

 define: long doctumenets 300 words or more
 complex information: something with at least 3  parts where at least 2 of  those parts interact with each other in multiple ways,

 (move the rest to tqueques
 were suffient techneques can be more then one)

 -------------------
 Enable the user to set a reminder for date and time sensitive events. Reminders should be set only at the users request and the user should be able to personalize the reminder method. Where a standard mechanism exists for the platform or technologies it should be used

 ----------------------------
 Consistent cues are provided that identify  different content types and the status of element and regions that help the user understand it's role or state.

 definition of content types include:  types of contact information, types of help, types of  functions, warnings, key points, errors, system messages, notes, definitions, more information , table of content and site map, file types, search. required information, errors, opinions,  essential information types of transaction and type of reminder, instructions and status of an element, invalid fields , non native content and sponsored content are clearly marked and visually differentiated by standardized techniques

 techneques

 Symbols are avalalible that help the user identify key content including: types of contact information, types of help, types of  main functions, warnings, key points, errors, system messages, notes, definitions, more information , table of content and site map, file types, search. required information, errors, opinions,  essential information  invalid fields.

 add faluer techneque of adding a star next to non native content, as that does not help the user understand it is non native.

 (see https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/rewroded%20sc%203.html)

LinkedIn, Twitter

---- On Thu, 15 Sep 2016 17:33:49 +0300 Steve Lee<steve@opendirective.com> wrote ----

Thanks for the changes Lisa.

Where can I find the list of Niel's CTs?

Steve
Steve Lee
OpenDirective http://opendirective.com