W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org > October 2016

COGA Minutes for 6 October

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 14:10:09 -0400
To: public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org
Message-ID: <20161006181008.GB2610@opera.rednote.net>
Minutes from the COGA teleconference of 6 October are provided below as text,
and are available as hypertext at:



                                                                                   - DRAFT -

                                                               Cognitive Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

06 Oct 2016

   See also: IRC log


          janina, kirkwood, JohnRochford, KurtM, maryjom, Mike_Pluke, Thaddeus, EA


          kirkwood, , janina


     * Topics
         1. review sc wording to get to pending See sc stasus: https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/status.html
     * Summary of Action Items
     * Summary of Resolutions

   <Lisa_Seeman> trackbot, start meeting

   <KurtM> Present KurtM

   <Lisa_Seeman> scribe: kirkwood

   LS: to have a draft of all success criteria for today, some have done, some haven't managed
   ... either need to reassign or delivery dates

   Janina: I will work with you but haven't done one

   LS: I will work with you
   ... Maybe on monday have a call go over together

   <janina> scribe:

   <janina> scribe: janina

   <kirkwood> thanks.

   lisa: Offering to work with Janina on assigned SC
   ... Notes WCAG has set deadline of 1 December for any candidate SC
   ... This present+ Thaddeus
   ... Inviting anyone to an informal SC writing session Monday the 10th at the usual COGA hour

   <EA> Can I record thanks to Thad and John for checking my SCs and Thad and I will catch up soon.

   lisa: Notes Thaddeus has several, but expect to finish drafts over the weekend
   ... Checking status with EA -- One ready, one needing additional review from Lisa, Thaddeus
   ... Asks EA whether she can take one more

   ea: Issue was testing, couldn't figure that it was testable
   ... Happy to say what the issues are ...

   <EA> It is cutting out sadly

   lisa: Looking at testability and benefits section ....
   ... Trying to redo the section
   ... Propose to do a basic draft for review -- Asking John R?

   john: Fine

   ea: Still having trouble with audio ...
   ... Happy to review a draft
   ... Better a direct email over a github uri

   lisa: Mike's are both finished ...
   ... I'll ping everyone I can before Monday on remaining open items
   ... Looking for volunteers able to do an extra one ...
   ... Thanks, Curt and Mike!

review sc wording to get to pending See sc stasus: https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/status.html

   lisa: There a couple needing approval ...
   ... Asking about how to get approvals

   janina; Recommending a formal "Call for Consensus" email process

   <Lisa_Seeman> conesesus on https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/minimize-errors.html

   lisa: The more people look at it the better -- because they do find issues to address
   ... Still wondering whether the benefit section is sufficient

   Mike: Like the second, but wording could be better
   ... Key word is "reliable"

   [wordsmithing in progress]

   ea: Notes other wording errors ...

   lisa: Asking whether Mike can take on editing the wording ...


   ea: Confused by "need to minimize errors" -- Do we mean "error notifications?"
   ... The former is a given

   Mike: Believe so. Intent would be to auto correct what can reliably be corrected, but then not to overburden with notifications

   <EA> Disabilities that effects executive function and decision making should be Disabilities that affect executive function and decision making

   <EA> This Success Criterion helps users who need help preventing errors could be This Success Criterion supports users who need help with error prevention

   ea: Suggests assertions of giving up over too many errors should be documented with citations
   ... We should claim evidence only when we have it

   Mike: Agree

   <kirkwood> agree

   lisa: First set of bullets are really techniques, so I'll move them

   EA: Can do

   Mike: Likewise

   lisa: Let's look at one more ...

   <Lisa_Seeman> lhttps://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/timed-events.html

   Lisa: "Time Events"

   Mike: Believe 30 minutes is reasonable, but we may need to defend

   John: Suggesting some reordering
   ... Should be informed of time out limites up top, before the clock kicks in

   Mike: Agree

   John: Especially if filling out a form!

   Curt: Also should note to be aware that anything filled in will be preserved and not lost over a time out

   lisa: Will add to the beginning

   Curt: Good with this one -- other than perhaps a time frame definition

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]

Scribes: kirkwood, , janina
Present: janina kirkwood JohnRochford KurtM maryjom Mike_Pluke Thaddeus EA


Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
		Email:	janina@rednote.net

Linux Foundation Fellow
Executive Chair, Accessibility Workgroup:	http://a11y.org

The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
Chair, Accessible Platform Architectures	http://www.w3.org/wai/apa
Received on Thursday, 6 October 2016 18:10:38 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 6 October 2016 18:10:38 UTC