From: lisa.seeman [mailto:lisa.seeman@zoho.com]
Sent: 07 May 2015 19:34
To: public-cognitive-a11y-tf
Subject: Email from Fred Esch about COGA and SVG

Forwarded with Fred's consent....

Fred Esch<fesch@us.ibm.com<mailto:fesch@us.ibm.com>> wrote ----

What would the COGA task force like to see done with topographic maps?  You can use the USGS topo maps<http://store.usgs.gov/b2c_usgs/usgs/maplocator/(ctype=areaDetails&xcm=r3standardpitrex_prd&carea=%24ROOT&layout=6_1_61_48&uiarea=2)/.do> to evaluate. In the search, I suggest you use Ormond Beach as the map name and select USGS Map Name (rather than Address or Place which gave me errors).

The USGS produces topo maps over the entire US and is used by hikers, surveyors, city planners, etc.  Most countries do something similar. Canada has a online national cadastral system and most local governments allow people to look up boundaries, zoning, assessments, tax and utility information based on online maps.

Regards,

Fred Esch
Accessibility, Watson Innovations
AARB Complex Visualization Working Group Chair
W3C SVG Accessibility Task Force
[IBM Watson]

[Fred]