RE: Deborah Dahl to speak on task force work

From: Deborah Dahl <dahl@conversational-technologies.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 15:35:39 -0400
To: "'Rochford, John'" <john.rochford@umassmed.edu>, <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Hi,
This should be a great chance to publicize the task force’s work to an
audience of university-age developers. The talk’s supposed to be only 20
minutes, so I think the goals would be primarily to raise awareness of the
problem, introduce the W3C's work in the area, and describe a few
techniques, for example from the WebAim page John posted earlier
(http://wave.webaim.org/cognitive).
Since seeing is believing, it also occurred to me that it would be cool to
show an example of something like a "web page makeover" from a cognitively
inaccessible page to a more accessible page, does anyone know of any
examples like that?

Best,
Debbie