RE: minutes from 02/23 /2015 coga & 508

Hi all

I very much like Neil's wording below. I agree that it is better to try to be more comprehensive.

>From my experiences during the European work, I fear that there may well be objections from industry that this requirement is not testable in any practical way. But that objection will come whichever version of the wording is chosen.

Best regards

Mike

From: Neil Milliken [mailto:Neil.Milliken@bbc.co.uk]
Sent: 26 February 2015 17:02
To: Michael Pluke; lisa.seeman; public-cognitive-a11y-tf
Subject: RE: minutes from 02/23 /2015 coga & 508

Hi all,

Addressing the issues raised by Mike.

I do not have an issue with reframing the language for consistency.

I do however think we should keep the original scope even if it has previously been hard.

Surely it is the driving rationale behind the COGA taskforce to be able "to identify unique requirements for cognitive language and learning disabilities that [are] both testable and widely accepted as appropriate"

We should be aiming for addressing the core issues and not a fraction of what is needed therefore I suggest the following wording:

"302.9 With limited cognition

Where a mode of operation is provided,   ICT shall provide at least one mode of operation that is
operable by persons with limited cognition"

NOTE:   This requirement is intended to address the needs of persons with limited cognitive, language and learning abilities."

Kind regards,

Neil