>From : <lisa.seeman@zoho.com>
To : "public-cognitive-a11y-tf"<public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Date : Mon, 26 Jan 2015 12:47:00 +0200
Subject : references and citations
============ Forwarded message ============

We need to clarify how we do references and citations and do them consistently.

I propose the following
1. we should use end notes so all references are at the end of the publication.

2. content:
We should always have the name of the article / book, author(s), date of publication, journal title (if appropriate),

To cite a specific part of a source (always necessary for quotations), include the page.

For urls should have the name of the article, date viewed and URL

3. technical notation
We had agreed on using the w3c  reference notation at http://www.w3.org/2001/06/manual/#References

IE:
7.2 Citation
 Reference links (e.g., "[XML]") link at least the first mention of a source to the References section and take the form:
 References links occur at minimum at the first mention of the source. Spell out what the reference link refers to at least in the first occurrence, e.g.:
 This is discussed in Namespaces in XML [XMLName].  or
 This is discussed in the XML namespaces specification [XMLName].  and not
 This is discussed in [XMLName]. All the best

Lisa Seeman

Athena ICT Accessibility Projects
LinkedIn, Twitter