RE: next version of the technques

Hello,

I have partially reviewed the document, please find my notes below :D

Section: 2.1.3
Comment: One of the points is "fonts are of a single style", i am not sure what is meant by style. For example, it could mean font family or generics. (sans-serif, serif). In my personal experience i find using different generic types for heading and body content useful. (eg, heading in serif, body sans serif) This is also a pattern i am seeing on many sites.

Section: 2.1.5
Comment: typo: "Keywords start the statement such as “Stroke happens suddenly”i" extra i on the end.

Section: 2.2.2
Comment: Missing space between flat design and page. (Also blush blush! my work is being referenced! Squee): “Citations needed - see flat designpage on our wiki and Jamie Knight's blog posts". Also a typo in "Computers helping people with special needed" extra "ed".

Section: 2.3
Comment: In the sentence: “Use standard layout design, so it is easy to find common content. In 2015 in English sites this includes:”, could "standard" be swapped for "conventional" as "Standard" is a loaded word in W3C documents. It make me think there is a specific W3C standard i should be aware of. Also, "Use the same icons and buttons to serve the same function”" may be clearer if reworded too: "Consistently use icons and buttons to refer to a single concept"

Section: 2.4.1
Comment: “avoid hyphenated words and acronyms (unless they are easily understandable)” - use of correct semantic markup (ABBR with title) helps here.
perhaps it would also be worth reading the guide at: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/content-design/writing-for-gov-uk

Section: 2.4.2
Comment: Missing ) in list item starting "leave plenty of space between lines..."

Section: 2.4.3
Comment: "active voice", i don't understand what it means. Would an example help here? *blush*. Formatting issues in 2.4.3.1

Section: 2.5
Comment: “Spoken feedback is often more effective then written feedback.” does this have enough evidence to be substantiated. Could we rephrase? Could it be its own technique? Often this is not the case, for many people with ASC written feedback (which can be reread, annotated, reviewed) is better than spoken feedback (pretty sure its referenced here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/diversity/disability/neurodiversityatthebbc)

I have run out of time this afternoon, but felt a partial response would be better than no response at all.

Hope that help, hopefully if my health holds i will at least be in the IRC room for the call later today.

Cheers,

Jamie + Lion