>From : James Craig<jcraig@apple.com>
To : "Richard Schwerdtfeger" <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Cc : "PF" <public-pfwg@w3.org>
Date : Sat, 20 Sep 2014 05:33:37 +0300
Subject : Re: ACTION-1497 - Proposal for accessible description glossary definition
============ Forwarded message ============

On Sep 19, 2014, at 3:41 PM, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com> wrote:

Accessible Description

     The accessible description provides help information about an interface element or how it is used in the form of a string.

Probably no need for "in the form of a string."
Each platform accessibility API provides an accessible description property.

This is incorrect. I'd just remove the sentence.
The value of the accessible description may be derived from a reference to content within a web page (visible or invisible) that is converted to a string. In some host languages the reference to the accessible description may be implied such as through the use of the <desc> element in SVG.

Here's my draft two based on Rich's original:
The accessible description provides help information about an interface element or about how it is used. The value of the accessible description may be derived from a reference to visible or invisible content within a web page, or the accessible description may be defined by host language features, such as the <desc> element in SVG.