RE: {Disarmed} Re: Double check the times !!!!! - agenda and call information for the Cognitive Accessibility Task Force Teleconference -Monday, November 3rd, 2014

Thanks EA. Interesting links

John, can all these links (including the ones you sent) go onto the resources page?

Athena ICT Accessibility Projects
LinkedIn, Twitter

---- On Sun, 02 Nov 2014 21:10:03 +0200 EA Draffan<ead@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote ----

Regret – I am in Doha at TechShareME, but I am trying to work on the Aphasia Document.

I really like John's links to http://www.easy-read-online.co.uk/ and the way they have changed the Firemen's document into easy reading and I think I have seen similar versions used by Mencap. https://www.mencap.org.uk/about-learning-disability/information-professionals/communication Really very clear and may also suit some who have reading difficulties due to stroke.

I am also investigating the other link John gave us http://www.easyreadsystem.com/index/index.html and how the visual methodologies they talk about could inform our techniques - based around phonic awareness with visual clues to the sounds. Here is an old discussion about the system http://www.beingdyslexic.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=6154

Best wishes
E.A.

Mrs E.A. Draffan
WAIS, ECS , University of Southampton
Tel +44 (0)23 8059 7246+44 (0)23 8059 7246
Mobile +44 (0)7976 289103+44 (0)7976 289103
http://access.ecs.soton.ac.uk
http://www.emptech.info