RE: Issue papers

I could possibly try to do #6 – Web of Things – but I wouldn’t be able to start until the week after next because of off-site meeting all next week.
Thanks and best wishes
Tim Boland NIST

From: lisa.seeman [mailto:lisa.seeman@zoho.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2014 12:53 PM
To: public-cognitive-a11y-tf
Cc: Boland Jr, Frederick E.
Subject: Issue papers

Hi Folks

We are looking for more volunteers to write up interesting issue papers. We could do with volenteers for the follwoing topics:

  1.  Interoperable symbols for non verbal
  2.  How to provide help scaffolding
  3.  A global set of simple terms and words, with associated symbols, translations and explanations that can be linked to as concepts via an aria attribute (lisa is happy to do this one)
  4.  Menus and navigation
  5.  Simplifying tasks and content
  6.  Use the Web of Things applications such as temperature control, entertainment systems
  7.  Gathering user preferences

The template is at See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2014Oct/att-0054/COGAIssuePaperTemplate.html.

Feel free to suggest more topics for issue papers.  We are also need to look at specific topics as mandated in the gap analysis and see if we need more issue papers. The gap analysis user scenarios were:

Communication Making sure users can communicate with people and be part of society. Tasks to investigate:

  1.  Use email and chat effectively
  2.  Being aware of a change
  3.  Share pictures and information
  4.  Play
  5.  Request information

Applications

  1.  Apps to enable work such as document authoring
  2.  Critical DHTML content and applications such as: enroll and manage healthcare, make an appointment, enroll and manage banking, shop online

sign-up / register and manage account profile on a site, book and manage travel

  1.  Enroll in and participate in online education
  2.  Apps such as mobile apps
  3.  Directions / locations

ICT systems

  1.  Use the Web of Things applications such as temperature control, entertainment systems
  2.  Phone menu systems
  3.  Other menu systems

Research and Education

  1.  Understand content and learning material
  2.  Search, research, and find information
  3.  Enroll in and participate in online education

Access to critical information

  1.  Read and share news
  2.  Find weather alerts
  3.  Find and read emergency information
  4.  Find out rites and social service information

We also have the following cross cutting concerns

Using content should be:

  1.  Safe
  2.  Effective
  3.  Minimal frustration

Also note that we have so far the following drafts:

  1.  web security and privacy technologies issue paper, v. See: 6 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2014Dec/0001.html

  2.  Voice ML systems. See: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2014Nov/att-0060/COGAIssuePaperVioceML.html and discussion at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2014Dec/0018.html

  3.  Online payments : http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2014Nov/0030.html

Niel is working on the use of numbers and the Web

Athena ICT Accessibility Projects <http://accessibility.athena-ict.com>
LinkedIn<http://il.linkedin.com/in/lisaseeman/>, Twitter<https://twitter.com/SeemanLisa>