Re: Gap Analysis Issue Paper - Voice XML Menu Systems

Thanks Mary Jo
do you want to revise the document and add your points?

Athena ICT Accessibility Projects
LinkedIn, Twitter

---- On Wed, 03 Dec 2014 01:57:08 +0200 Mary Jo Mueller<maryjom@us.ibm.com> wrote ----

 I think  we should point out that the general population also has difficulty with menu systems.  Honestly,I have trouble with them too when they're too wordy and badly designed.  However, people with cognitive  disabilities are definitely more affected by these menu systems.

 It would also be good if there was a standard number that you could to repeat the current menu, or to repeat the last 10 seconds of the menu.

 Should there be some examples where Voice XML decreases accessibility?

 This document also requires some editing.  I can help with that if you wish.
Best regards,
 Mary Jo Mueller
 IBM Accessibility Standards Program Manager, Human Ability & Accessibility Center

 Phone: 1-512-286-96981-512-286-9698 | Tie-Line: 363-9698
 E-mail: maryjom@us.ibm.com
 HA&AC Able Website: w3.ibm.com/able
 Follow the Human Ability and Accessibility Center on:       and within IBM on:
  “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”  ~ John Quincy Adams

 "lisa.seeman" ---11/24/2014 01:58:29 PM---Please find attached a first draft of a Gap Analysis Issue Paper for Voice XML Menu Systems (These a