Re: Changing the Social Contract of the Web

Catching up belatedly on this interesting thread …

… I'm just not clear what Social Contract is being broken?

Not long ago a PC was a device that you used to do Web browsing. In some sense the notion of PC and browsing were intertwined.

Having observed that use of the Web doesn't require a PC, if we're now transitioning to an understanding that use of the Web doesn't require a browser, does that matter?

Am I completely missing the point?

Jo