Re: Changing the Social Contract of the Web

On 13/03/2013, at 1:22 PM, Tobie Langel <tobie@w3.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 2:14 PM, Appelquist Daniel (UK) wrote:
>> Actually your example underscores my point
>> - because part of the expected experience of the Web is now being able to
>> type search terms into some place on the browser chrome (increasingly the
>> same place you type addresses) and having search results come up.
>
> Yes. Yet what if this functionality simply shifted to the OS level?

That's certainly how I use my iPhone. I can't ever find anything looking at all those icons - just too many: I either double tap the home button to get to recently opened stuff or swipe left on the home screen to search. This also stopped me from using android (2.x, never used anything after that). The search thing was too slow and didn't provide a good experience (too slow, too much info, etc.)