Re: Monetizing Web apps

I agree wholeheartedly with Jo, here.

Selling apps is just one of the multiple facets of monetization. Not only is it complex to organize (as Robin mentions), it is also very quickly loosing relevance compared to other monetization strategies[1].

imho, we should instead look at carrier billing, simplifying credit card input, strategies to abstract away payment method, etc.

--tobie

[1]: http://gigaom.com/2012/10/26/freemium-app-revenue-growth-leaves-premium-in-the-dust/