Re: For chairs sick of chairing

On Apr 5, 2013, at 11:01 AM, Karl Dubost <karl@la-grange.net> wrote:

> The chair training curriculum [1] for now gives information about how to understand and participate to the role, but not really how to quit. Maybe it is out of scope. If not I see at least these following points:
>

> * My affiliation will change, what should I do?
> * I'm lost, depressed, and don't know how to handle this chairing anymore, who is the person I can talk to at W3C for finding a solution.
> * I want to give up on the role. (The job is too stressful, I don't have the will to do it, etc.)
>
> Not even sure there is a proper way of doing it.
>

> [1]: http://www.w3.org/wiki/ChairTraining

Hello, Karl! I hope you are happy and well.

I agree. There must be a diplomatic way to phrase all of these points. How much notice does W3C expect? How much help on finding a replacement should a chair expect to give, and how to do it? How can a chair best help the transition to a new chair?

Somewhere we should have a section on when and how to close down a group without a final recommendation, and what can be expected from W3C for help with this.

	Aleecia