Re: Draft report

Hi Phil,

Looks good, just one thing at the end:

"That intersection will allow Maik Riechert in particular to develop a
preview function for data stored in the most widely used data open
source catalogue platform, CKAN <http://ckan.org/>."

I think the focus should be a bit different, since CKAN already supports
several preview options (https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-geoview). We
may add one to the list but this is not that relevant for this group.
Since DCAT plays a main role I'm currently looking at things that the
CKAN DCAT harvester/serializer could do better. There's also a good
extension missing for temporal filtering, or a UI (and implementation in
the DCAT extension) for parent-child relations of datasets. So, in
general, it's more about making sure the DCAT-first workflow within CKAN
works well out of the box and that there are ready-to-use extensions
relevant for earth observation/coverage-type catalogues. Suggestion:

"That intersection will allow Maik Riechert in particular to contribute
to the development of relevant extensions for the most widely used data
open source catalogue platform, CKAN <http://ckan.org/>, particularly
focusing on RDF/DCAT support, spatiotemporal filtering, and data
previewing."

Cheers
Maik