CDF has "no implementations"?

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 20:02:54 +0100
To: "Ryan Paul " <segphault@arstechnica.com>
Cc: public-cdf@w3.org

Hello Ryan,

In this article
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20071113-opendocument-foundation-closes-up-shop-after-slamming-opendocument-format.html

you stated "Unfortunately, CDF is largely theoretical as no implementations currently exist". I wonder what led you to that erroneous conclusion?

We are still gathering implementation experience, but today the implementation matrix lists five implementations which have been tested against the test suite. Other implementations are known, but have not yet been tested; in particular few mobile implementations have been tested so far.

http://www.w3.org/2004/CDF/TestSuite/WICD_CDR_WP1/wicdmatrix.xhtml
http://www.w3.org/2004/CDF/TestSuite/WICD_CDR_WP1/

Perhaps you could make a small correction to your article? Whether there are implementations or not does not seem to detract from your main point, and I would prefer that people who are interested in CDF and WICD are not misled by what seems to be an off-the-cuff remark.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG