Re: SVG Linking Test Case Questions

On Thursday, March 29, 2007, 9:34:56 PM, Jeff wrote:

JS> With the full HTML test case harness, this is an example of CDR. I
JS> realize that this would really be in a CDF test suite and not a
JS> SVG test suite.

Right. I was thinking that the test instructions for a specifically
CDF test could be much more explicit, because the HTML component would
be part of the actual test rather than some optional harness.

JS> Anyway, in the test at
JS> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/20061213/htmlObjectHarness/full-linking-a-01-b.html:

JS> 1) Firefox 2 and 3a both change the HTML:object "frame" to be that of
JS> linkingCircle-f.svg and leave the test harness HTML alone.
JS> 2) Opera 9.1 and Konqueror 3.5.5 both change the entire web page to be
JS> that of linkingCircle-f.svg, wiping out the test harness HTML page.

JS> Do all 4 user agents mentioned above pass this test case when it comes
JS> to SVG?  If I use it to test CDF, which one is at fault?

For CDF, I think Opera is incorrect.

JS> For practical use of SVG with HTML on the web today, I'd like to be
JS> able to tell one browser A that they need to get in sync with browser
JS> B.  In this case, I believe the correct behavior is exhibited by
JS> Mozilla and that Opera/Konqueror are at fault (because there was no
JS> target="_top" on the link).  But actually I'm still not 100% confident
JS> in that because I'm not sure that the HTML object is really a "frame"
JS> in the parlance of HTML links...

I'd like to do some more testing - actually Doug Schepers had some
tests for this - and would like to see them in the CDF test suite.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG