Re: 3rd call: CSS2: howto disable audio?

Fantasai,

that's all too easy an excuse, aka passing the buck.
I do take your point, but however dont agree that it's necessarily
only a plugin issue.

for instance it's likely the plugin - can - raise an interface that
provides a means to disable.
However the author may chose to make this very small, off screen, or
not visible.

it's also true that the user agent, application or browser may
provide an audio interface.
furthermore client-side script can be used to play audio.

However as the current functioning W3C specifications are designed in
such a way that CSS provides sound on event, which is a reasonable
expectation; is it not a sensible expectation that there should
equally be a way for CSS to disable or prevent audio?

for instance via a user style sheet?

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

On 24 Jul 2007, at 06:24, fantasai wrote:

~:'' ありがとうございました。 wrote:
> fantasai,
> thank you for your response, however this issue* is not directly
> related to aural CSS.

My point is, you are complaining to the wrong people. If the sound is
coming from the plugin, then you need to complain to the makers of the
plugin. A plugin is arbitrary executable code: if it makes too much
noise, CSS can't do anything about that.

~fantasai