Re: [closed] Re: test WICD Core 1.0 #55-#57 / gzip vs. x-gzip / WebKit bug report #16269

Hi Ted.

The issue is solved. WebKit does require "Content-Encoding: gzip", but
it also requires for the gziped text document to have a ".txt" file
extension. ".txt" should not be required, I think, but it is the not
the purpose of our test to verify this. Only to make sure gzip
encoding is available (at all) in a uniform way. I have modified the
testcase referenced below, which now works as intended in all listed
user agents.
Thank you very much for your support.

Timur

http://www.w3.org/2004/CDF/TestSuite/WICD_CDR_WP1/wicdcore.xhtml#core55