Re: [WICD Core 1.0] Scripting and SVG as background images

From: Timur Mehrvarz <timur.mehrvarz@web.de>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 20:13:04 +0200
Cc: public-cdf@w3.org
To: T Rowley <tor@cs.brown.edu>

On 7. Sep 2006, at 00:15, T Rowley wrote:

> Section 3.2.2 states "Agents may support animated background
> images.  A Scalable Child Element as background image will not
> provide support for interaction, such as zooming, panning, linking
> and user interaction events."  This definitely appears to allow
> SMIL animation should the user agent support that, but do you also
> mean to allow scripted, non-interactive animation?

We agreed upon the possibility for user agents to support SMIL
animations for SVG background images, but basically nothing else. We
will clarify the wording of 3.2.2 to read like this:

"Agents may support declarative animated background images. A
Scalable Child Element, as background image, will not provide support
for scripting and interaction, such as zooming, panning, linking and
user interaction events."

I hope you are satisfied with this change.

On behalf of the CDF Working Group, thanks.
Timur Mehrvarz