Re: Fw: ACTION-335: Fw: Comments on "WICD Full/Mobile 1.0"

On Thursday, May 4, 2006, 11:45:23 PM, Bjoern wrote:

>>Are you looking for a rationale, or a public status report? You asked
>>for the latter. Searching the latter for the former would seem to be a
>>bizarre undertaking.

BH> I apologize []

Your curious apology is accepted

BH> When I said "the mandatory public status report" I meant the mandatory
BH> public status report as required by the W3C Process, not some informal
BH> editor drafts.

Oh, I see! I thought you were interested in finding out progress in
integrating comments on the draft, which is what the public editors
drafts were for. I hadn't realized that you were disinterested in
technical progress and instead were just engaging in a debate on process
issues, given a four month gap rather than the expected three month one.

BH>   Public progress reports are also important when a Working Group does
BH>   not update a technical report within three months (for example, when
BH>   the delay is due to a challenging technical issue) or when a Working
BH>   Group has no active technical reports (for example, because it is
BH>   developing a test suite).

Now, if reports on the TR page were the only form of progress report,
then it would not be possible to have "a progress report" and
simultaneously "not update a technical report", would it?

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG