Re: [CDR] Identification and Versioning

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 13:47:30 +0100
To: "Steve K Speicher" <sspeiche@us.ibm.com>
Cc: "public-cdf@w3.org" <public-cdf@w3.org>

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 16:26:07 +0100, Steve K Speicher <sspeiche@us.ibm.com>
wrote:
> The topic of content identification and versioning is important to many
> of
> the WG members and has consumed a fair amount of internal discussion.  It
> was decided that we should at least provide an informative section in the
> CDR framework.  The section already indicates that existing host/root
> language mechanisms should be utilized if they exist.
>
> We plan to keep the this informative section as it is currently worded.
>
> Please let us know within two weeks if this reply does not address your
> comment.

Given that it is informative rather than normative I will let it go and
therefore this response satisfies my comment.

I would rather have that the CDR Framework would recommend languages that
can embed other documents by reference to have some kind of fallback
mechanism in place though.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>