Re: [WICD] How to create mixed SVG/CSS style sheets

On Sunday, July 23, 2006, 9:39:03 AM, Ian wrote:

IH> On Fri, 21 Jul 2006, Chris Lilley wrote:
>>>
>>> "px" in SVG has no relation to screen pixels, the unit "px" is defined
>>> to be equivalent to user units.
>>
>> Yes, exactly. Note the order. Note that this is not commutative. User
>> units are not defined to be equivalent to px. Px are defined to be
>> equivalent to user units.
>>
>> The difference is readily seen as soon as there is a viewBox or a
>> transform involved, ie most of the time.

IH> There is never any time in SVG

Checking the subject line, the point under discussion from the originalcommentor is the use of style sheets in mixed content.

IH> It doesn't matter  which "order" you think of it as.

The order is derived from the specification, not from my thoughts.

IH> They are syntactically identical.

Unfortunately that non-sequitur doesn't get you very far in a mixed namespace document.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG