link activation material in CDR

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:54:01 -0600
To: public-cdf@w3.org
Cc: public-webcgm-wg@w3.org

Hello public-cdf,

Looking at "Compound Document by Reference Framework 1.0" (LCWD of Dec.
2005), the WebCGM WG found the section [1] on linking and child documents
to contain particularly interesting and valuable informative material.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-CDR-20051219/#link-activation-child-documents

We noticed, in the current editors draft [2] (June 2006), that this
material is missing.  (In fact, sections 2.3, 2.4, 2.5 are missing.)

[2] http://www.w3.org/2004/CDF/specs/CDR/wp-1/cdf.xhtml

We are wondering if this is an intentional removal, or rather whether maybe
this is just a transient development stage of the document that we're seeing?

(Not speaking for SVG ... but as a participant of the SVG WG, I would voice
the same opinion -- valuable material -- because these link-target details
have progressed alternately and together in the two specifications, WebCGM
and SVG.)

Best Regards,
Lofton Henderson
(Chair WebCGM WG)