CDR/WICD: need another last call (at minimum)

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 21:58:17 -0800
To: public-cdf@w3.org

Hi everyone,

I think given the large volume of issues raised in what are fairly
small specs, and the fact that there is no public record of
resolution for working draft comments, I think at least one more last
call will be needed for the CDR and WICD specs once all issues are
addressed. Many of the issues raised are not just minor nitpicks but
fairly deep issues with the spec. As such, I think moving to CR would
not be an appropriate next step. Especially so in the case of CDR,
where it impossible to make any kind of test suite to verify whether
implementations are interoperable (I haven't looked at the WICD specs
closely enough to know if that is the case there too). It may even be
appropriate to move back to Working Draft status until something
closer to a publishable spec is available.

Regards,
Maciej