Re: Math IG comments on CDF Last call documents

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 01:31:57 +0100
To: "David Carlisle" <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Cc: public-cdf@w3.org

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 01:04:25 +0100, David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
wrote:
>> Most of the problems the CDF WG deals with are already solved.
>> We just say how they are solved.
>
> Quite, the current specs appear to have missed 10 years worth of
> experience in rendering compound documents and are proposing to
> standardise the non-support of MathML or any other similar language.,
> that is basically any compound document format that isn't just including
> an image (including svg as an image format for the purposes of the
> discussion).

Actually, given
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-CSS21-20050613/conform.html#intrinsic> I
think the "problem" can be solved within MathML. If the MathML layout
model defines a way to calculate the intrinsic 'height' and 'width' of a
MathML document (this would need to be defined, taken into account
embedded HTML and all that) I see no reason it can't already work just
fine when embedded through <object> given the rules from CSS 2.1 for
replaced elements.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>