Re: [CDR Framework] i18n comment: Versions of XML and XMLNamespaces

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 07:58:23 +0100, <fsasaki@w3.org> wrote:
> Comment 2
> At http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0601-cdf/
> Editorial/substantive: S
> Location in reviewed document:
>
> app. A [http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-CDR-20051219/#definitions]
>
> Comment:
> You write: \"For example: XML 1.1 or HTML documents tied through
> hypertext reference producing as many DOM linked to one another.\" What
> is the relation between versions of XML and XML namespaces in this
> scenario? E.g what happens, if an XML 1.0 document references an XML
> 1.1. document? It might be that this depends on the languages being
> compounded, but you should have general guidelines for (new) languages
> as well.

Why would anything specific happen? I do not really understand what
namespaces have to do with two documents that are only bound to each
through a reference.

(Not commenting on behalf of the WG by the way.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>