Re: Compound Document Format Framework and WICD Profile 1st Public Draft Comments

From: Steve K Speicher <sspeiche@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 15:54:24 -0400
To: codedread@gmail.com
Cc: public-cdf@w3.org

Hi Jeff,  replies inlined...

kekelly@us.ibm.com wrote on 09/06/2005 04:49:48 PM:

> Thank you very much for your constructive and well thought out
> comments on the Compound Document Format Framework and WICD Profile
> 1st Public Draft.  We are processing your comments now and will be
> following up with specific feedback to each of your issues.

We have processed your comments some time ago.  We are just finally
getting around to replying.

> <object> not the only way to reference other formats
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cdf/2005Aug/0001.html

We have address this in the latest editor's draft:

> ReferencedDocument interface typo
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cdf/2005Aug/0002.html

See have rewriten these sections to reference the Windows Object spec

> Focus Ring
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cdf/2005Aug/0003.html

The section "Focus Navigation" has been updated and is now an informative

> Appendix D MIME Type thoughts
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cdf/2005Aug/0004.html

We have decided to only recommend the usage of the profile parameter:

> SVG Animated Backgrounds
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cdf/2005Aug/0005.html

This is clarified by stating that UAs may support animated background

> What happens to the <object> data attribute?
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cdf/2005Aug/0006.html

Link activation section no longer exists in the latest editor's copy,
therefore this issue doesn't exist anymore.

> Rightsizing cases
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cdf/2005Aug/0007.html

We have updated the now WICD Core section on right-sizing to address these
and other issues:

> Another typo
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cdf/2005Aug/0031.html

Latest copy has been fixed

> DOM Navigation Question
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cdf/2005Aug/0032.html

We have since replaced these sections with references to the upcoming
Window Object spec.  We have concluded that attempting to address security
concerns may be better handled by a separate activity and up to UAs to
implement appropriate security measures (as they would do anyway)

> When ?amination? equals ?stop?
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cdf/2005Aug/0033.html

This section has been removed from the latest editor's draft and LC public
working draft, therefore there is no longer a problem with the wording.

> Background images as child documents
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cdf/2005Aug/0035.html

Your issue has been addressed in the latest editor's draft:

If this does not satisfy your comments please respond within 2 weeks.

Steve Speicher on behalf of the CDF WG