Re: Advice on extending CanvasRenderingContext2D to support Depth Streams

> On 30 Oct 2014, at 17:13, Justin Novosad <junov@google.com> wrote:
>
> I hate to be the one to point at the elephant in the room, but what about the WHATWG spec?
> As far as the canvas element and its rendering context are concerned, Chromium/Blink (and others as well, but I won't speak for them) tracks the WHATWG specification.
> <kumbaya>
> Concurrent feature work happening in two separate places is dangerous, can lead to unnecessary quarrels, politics, and even irreconcilable incompatibilities. So please, no forking of the spec.  Peace.
> </kumbaya>

My expectation was the W3C’s Level 2 Nightly would be in sync with WHATWG.

Diffing the IDLs, omitting editorial changes:

$ diff whatwg w3c

9,13c9
< dictionary CanvasRenderingContext2DSettings {
<   boolean alpha = true;
< }
<
< [Constructor(), Constructor(unsigned long width, unsigned long height),
---
> [Constructor(optional unsigned long width, unsigned long height),
71,72c67,68
<   void drawSystemFocusRing(Element element);
<   void drawSystemFocusRing(Path2D path, Element element);
---
>   void drawFocusIfNeeded(Element element);
>   void drawFocusIfNeeded(Path2D path, Element element);

The delta is small, so I’m wondering if the intent is to keep the W3C’s Level 2 Nightly in sync with WHATWG?

Thanks,

-Anssi