Re: Fw: addHitRegion does not have an inform the user section.

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 8:33 AM, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
wrote:

> This text is in the addHitRegion text:
>
> *"User agents are encouraged to make use of the information present in a *
> *canvas** element's **hit region list*
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/2dcontext/#hit-region-list>* to improve the
> accessibility of **canvas** elements."*
>
> Encouraged is in no way a must which makes it difficult to justify a
> normative test.

yes, it would not be a normative test, but it will show that a particular
implementation is accessible.
Maybe we can revisit this for the level 2 spec. A11y is not something that
can be optionally implemented if you want a compliant canvas implementation.