RE: drawFocusIfNeeded Question

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 17:58:05 -0500
To: Jay Munro <jaymunro@microsoft.com>
Cc: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>, "public-canvas-api@w3.org" <public-canvas-api@w3.org>, mark.sadecki@gmail.com

Does someone have an answer?

Rich Schwerdtfeger

From:	Jay Munro <jaymunro@microsoft.com>
To:	Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
Cc:	Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>, Mark Sadecki <mark@w3.org>,
            "public-canvas-api@w3.org" <public-canvas-api@w3.org>
Date:	09/11/2014 03:30 PM
Subject:	RE: drawFocusIfNeeded Question

Adding in canvas wg.

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger [mailto:schwer@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2014 1:27 PM
To: Jay Munro
Cc: Rik Cabanier; Mark Sadecki
Subject: drawFocusIfNeeded Question

Hi Jay, Rik, Mark,

I am writing testable statements for us here:
https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/Canvas_Task_Force/CR-Test#Testable_Statements
(Mark, I think that in general we could work off modified versions of your
test file with the
2 boxes).

What I noticed under drawFocusIfNeeded was that it says we are notifying
the user of the location of the focus ring:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2dcontext/#dom-context-2d-drawfocusifneeded

What really brought this to a head for me was writing the testable
statement for when the bounds are clipped and should be shouldbe subject to
the clipping region. When the focus area is clipped by the canvas element,
only the visual representation of the focus outline is clipped to the
clipping region.

Then it says we inform the user of the location given by the path.

It was my understanding that drawFocusIfNeeded did not set the location of
the fallback element. Yet, here it clearly states that it does.

Did I misunderstand or forget our decision on this?

Best,
Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger

graycol.gif