Re: Canvas 1.0

Hi Dominic,

We are trying to flush out an agreement for 1.0.

Mozilla has implemented using the HitRegion API to bind the location with
the fallback element. We are trying to deliver the minimal implementation
for 1.0 that would allow us to support accessibility. We can't get Path
done in a reasonable amount of time so we would use the current path. I am
a bit uncomfortable about not adding actual hit testing. If we were to
include that in the proposal would that satisfy a meets minimum for you for
1.0?

My concern about not having hit testing is mobile touch devices and working
with AT like VoiceOver and TalkBack with touch. The question is should we
do this in 1.0 or 2.0. Regardless we will continue to work on other
features of hit testing API in 2.0 - such as adding Path object support.

I suspect we will also require a removehitregion in response to Charles
later response.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger