Re: hit regions Firefox support update

It should be any any fallback element for the canvas element it pertains
to. As you I am sure are aware hit testing came from mouse hit testing on
the desktop. The desktop is nothing more than a bitmap (like canvas) at the
end of the day and the DOM basically aligns with the object tree on the
desktop.

It should be the authors job to ensure that fallback content, as a minumum,
supports the important UI objects drawn the canvas for accessibility.
Ideally we would like to dispatch pointer events to the same elements we
have keyboard handlers on in fallback content but it should not be a
limitation. That would be an accessible authoring discussion.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger